This post contains editorial samples and/or affiliate links to products I recommend. While this adds no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission on any sales made.
Honestly, if you ask me, I think Valentine’s Day should be every day.
We really need to love on people, who are dear to our hearts, every day of the year! And no, you don’t need to splurge to show someone you care. Little acts of kindness, short notes of love and tons of TLC go a long way in strengthening relationships.
Since we’re a week away from Valentine’s Day, lets start now!
Inexpensive ways to celebrate Valentine’s week with your family.
I would like to challenge you to try to stick to giving acts of love and handmade presents over store bought gifts as a lead up to February 14th. Here are some ideas:
1. Write a love note, every day, to each member in your family, sharing one thing you love about them.
2. Hide notes of love around the house to surprise them.
3. Bake heart shaped treats, cook a favorite meal, throw a surprise, dress-up, bring-out-pretty-china, candlelight dinner for the family.
4. Do a designated chore(s) for someone. (For example, Dad can wash all the dirty dishes for Mom right after dinner is done or the kids can do Dad’s laundry for him.)
5. Designate an evening to be family movie night. Break out the popcorn and watch old, family home videos of when Mom and Dad got married, or the kids when they were babies.
Do you have an inexpensive Valentine’s week idea to share?