With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, I’m sure you’ve scoured through various sites to bookmark special sweet treats to whip up for your loved one(s) .Thanks to heart-shaped cookie cutters, life becomes a whole lot easier (especially when you’re making heart shaped treats), right?
Wilton Nesting Heart Cutter SetFox Run Heart Cookie Cutter Set, 5-PieceAnn Clark Heart Cookie Cutter Set – 4 Piece – 2 5/8RSVP Endurance Heart Shaped Biscuit Cutter, Set of 4Wilton Comfort Grip Heart Cutter
How to make Heart Shaped Strawberry Pastries for Valentine’s Day
1 package premade pie crust (comes with 2 crusts)
1 package cream cheese, softened
¼ cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup strawberry jam (If I’m not making my easy homemade strawberry jam with a hint of mint, my favorite store bought jam is, hands down, Crofter’s organic jam.)
Butter for brushing
Sugar sprinkles for topping
3. Spread out half your hearts onto a baking sheet.
*Make sure not to press in the middle of your hearts*
Now isn’t this such a great Valentine’s Day sweet treat to make, serve and even gift to family and friends?
Here’s the printable recipe:
- 1 package premade pie crust (comes with 2 crusts)
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup strawberry jam (Homemade jam is the best!)
- Butter for brushing
- Sugar sprinkles for topping
- First, mix up your cream cheese filling by combining cream cheese, powdered sugar, and
- vanilla in a bowl. Mix with a hand mixer until evenly blended and smooth.
- Roll out your crust and cut into an equal number of heart shapes.
- Spread out half your hearts onto a baking sheet.
- Drop 1 tbsp of cream cheese mixture onto each heart, and go around spreading out, making
- sure to leave a finger width around all edges.
- Top each of those with ½ tbsp strawberry jam.
- Place the second half of your hearts directly on top of each one on your baking sheet, and press all sides down with a fork to seal. *Make sure not to press in the middle of your hearts*
- Lightly brush each heart with melted butter. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350.
- When fully cooked, brush again with butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- Let cool and serve!
Amazon has these sweet treat boxes you can use to package your homemade goodies in and knowing it can get here in just two days helps. (If you don’t have Amazon Prime, I highly recommend it. Besides the free two day shipping, you also have access to free movies, music and discounted products.)
Valentine Treat Boxes – Set of 24 Heart Paper Mini Treat BoxesValentine’s Day Cupcake BoxesAmscam Valentine’s Day Gable Boxes Made of Cardboard, Red/WhiteValentine Boxes – Gift Bags and Goody BagsWilton 415-2800 3 Count Valentine’s Day Doodles Heart-Shaped Treat Boxes, Assorted
For more Valentine’s Day /week recipes, visit the Mommy Snippets Valentine’s Day Treats and Recipes Pinterest board.