This post was sponsored by No Yolks as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Most evenings during the week are chaotic with after-school clubs and post-school activities. Despite the busyness, I’m adamant the kids should eat a wholesome meal at home but with a time crunch most days, I love making meals that tie everything together in a single dish.
Meals like my stir fry noodles packed with veggies and two proteins!
How to make the best stir fry noodles minus soy sauce
Over the years I’ve learned that there are hands-down winning dishes with the kids and yes, anything with noodles is always reciprocated with a big smile.
For a healthier version, I like using No Yolks egg noodles as it’s made from egg whites, is minus the cholesterol and low in fat and sodium.
This paired with veggies, a protein(s) of choice and no soy sauce, is a win-win for this Mama.
Try any No Yolks product with this coupon and get creative in the kitchen. Besides a stir fry, No Yolks is great in soups, casseroles, and even salads. Check out #NoYolks and #NoOtherNoodle on your favorite social channels, for more inspiration.
Now usual stir fry noodle dishes call for the use of certain veggies but my version is incredibly forgiving. The more I can sneak in the better.
Everything from spinach, kale, peppers, carrots, peas, corn, beans, spring onions, red onions and even zucchini, works well together.
Sure soy sauce makes everything taste better but it’s anything but healthy, so to flavor my stir fry noodle dish I use lots of fresh garlic, freshly ground pepper and salt.
This isn’t really a one pot recipe as I prefer cooking the noodles separately while cooking the cubed chicken in my generously sized wok and later sauteing the veggies and scrambling the eggs. Everything is ultimately added in the wok once cooked.
Every mouthful is loaded with flavorful veggie, protein goodness!
Here’s a printable version of the recipe:
- 1 pack No Yolks broad noodles
- 1/2 lb chicken cut into bite sized nuggets
- 3 eggs
- 1 bunch spring onions chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped garlic
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 1 cup chopped spinach and kale
- 1 zucchini chopped into mini sticks
- 1 cup mixed veggies I use the organic frozen veggies
- 1/2 cup sliced peppers
- Olive oil to saute
- Salt- to season
- Fresh ground pepper- to season
- Optional Ketchup to add in the end for additional flavoring, hot sauce and/or 2 tbsps of homemade honey mustard sauce
- In a pot, cook the No Yolks noodles as per the instructions on the packet and strain when done.
- While this is cooking in a wok, pour 1 tbsp of olive oil and saute the red onions and half the garlic. Once done add to this the chicken, season the same with pepper and salt, and saute till cooked.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove the mix from the wok and place in a bowl for use later.
- In the same wok, add a tablespoon of olive oil, add the remaining garlic and saute till golden brown. To this add the eggs, season with salt and pepper and scramble.
- When the eggs are cooked, remove the egg mixture and place the same in the bowl with the chicken mixture.
- Now back in the wok, add a tablespoon of olive oil, saute the zucchini, mixed veggies, peppers and spring onion. When semi-cooked, add the spinach and kale.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes and saute the mix with salt and pepper again. (The more pepper the better.)
- When done, switch off the stove, and add to the veggie mix, the eggs, chicken and mix well. Taste to see if further seasoning is required.
- Finally, gently mix in the noodles and there you have it, a delicious stir-fry noodle dish.
- (Optional) Mix in a little ketchup, honey mustard sauce or even hot sauce if preferred.
How easy is that?
This would make a great meal to serve at get-togethers as well.
Enter for a chance to win 1 of 5 $100 gift cards
Hurry! This giveaway will end on November 5th, 2017.
No Yolks® Sweepstakes
* I-C will randomly select 5 winners from all program entries and will facilitate fulfillment of the winning prizes.