I’m a huge fan of crafts that are kid friendly and double up to be something that can be used around the house.
I don’t use coffee filters and strangely enough I found an opened pack of filters in one of the kitchen drawers. Well, there’s no point letting those go to waste right?
How to make coffee filter butterfly accessories
This is a great craft to do with toddlers, preschoolers and younger elementary school aged children. Older children can do this independently without any problems.
Paint- different colors (I just used good ol’ finger paints)
Pipe cleaners – any color(s)
A pair of scissors
1. Have your child paint one side of each coffee filter completely. I poured paint into separate glasses of water and had Baby Girl use that to paint the filters. True, it was a little messier than otherwise but it allowed colors to run into each other and looked so pretty once dry.
2. Now colorfully paint either side of each clothespin. Set these to dry alongside the painted filters.
She’s a multi-functional accessory.
Stick permanent glue dots or an adhesive magnetic strip on her back and she turns into a fridge magnet art/note holder.Make several butterflies and hang them down your child’s (or yours!) bedroom curtain
or even on a clock.
Can you think of other ways you can use this pretty accessory?
For more spring posts, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- How to Make Easy Pickled Asparagus by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Strawberry Lemonade Mojito Mocktail by How Was Your Day?
- Lemon Cheesecake Crumble Bars by Day by Day in Our World
- How to Make an Easy Broken Pot Succulent Container by Simply Southern Mom
- Butterfly Sun Catcher Craft by Kids Fun Reviewed
- Easy Strawberry Cream Pie by Mom Does It All
- Bird Nest Brownie Bowls Recipe by Sugar Spice and Family Life
- Vegan Rice Krispie Treat Tiger Lillies by Beyond Mommying
- Spring Paper Butterflies Craft by Family Focus Blog
- Pineapple Kiwi Smoothie Bowl by Upstate Ramblings
- DIY Flower Loop Hair Bow Tutorial by Savvy Saving Couple