Heard of the motto “Live It Up Today“?
Whoever coined it must be trying hard to desperately count the pennies right now!
Unless you hold the reigns on your finances, you will have lots to regret tomorrow.
And when a huge financial situation crops up, you won’t be struggling to make ends meet because you would have those savings to fall back upon.
- Budget the month ahead and stick to the budget plan for your family. (Make sure you budget in a little extra for those unforeseen incidentals)
- Starbucks is yummy but need not be your coffee fix everyday. Fix yourself your own cuppa at home. Believe me, it will taste just as good if you sprinkle a little cinnamon powder over it or use a gourmet coffee choice.
- If you work in the corporate world, avoid grabbing a quick lunch from the closest restaurant or fast food joint, carry your own homemade lunch, salad and snacks.
- If you pick up your kids from school, don’t wait in the pick -up line. Park your car and walk over to pick up your child. That little exercise will do good and will also save you the fuel consumption that would have been guzzled up with your car left running, moving inch by inch to the front of the line.
- Line dry your clothes instead of running them through the dryer.
- Shop for clothes off season, while on sale and off the clearance racks. If you have coupons, all the better.
- Don’t throw away the loose change you find in your bag or in corners of your home. Drop them into a container on your kitchen counter-top After a few months, you will be surprised to find quite a bit of money when you add it all up!
- When you shop for your groceries, remember that generic brands are more economical and most often, better in quality.
- Buy frequently used, non-perishable products in bulk. Every little bit counts.
- Do toy swaps with other Moms. Saves you a bundle when you take stock at the end of the year!
What do you do to save that little extra for your stash away for emergencies fund?