My family loves bananas. There are days when the bunch purchased chooses to take that path of deep-yellow-on-the-way-to-brown-spots soon.
So the next best option for those soon-to-be-overripe bananas?
This such an easy peasy recipe and one that my kids love.
We aren’t too fond of overly sweet anything so the sweetness from the bananas is all that’s needed in our crepes.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 4 soon-to-be-overripe bananas: mashed
- Butter or oil to brush on the pan you make the crepes on.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs
- Add in the mashed bananas, flour, salt, milk, water and combine well.
- Now take a pan/skillet, heat the same on medium heat and brush the surface with butter/oil.
- Pour a ladle full of crepe batter on the skillet/pan, to coat the same (I like to make my crepes around the size of a regular sized tortilla)
- Cook each side for 3-4 minutes or when you see the same beginning to turn golden brown.
- Serve hot with chocolate hazelnut spread, honey or even whipped cream with a freshly chopped berry mix.
What do you do with those soon-to-be-overripe bananas?