This post contains editorial samples and/or affiliate links to products I recommend. While this adds no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission on any sales made.
We love making easy toilet paper roll crafts. This sweet toilet paper roll Valentine butterfly doubles as a fun craft to do with your child and an adorable Valentine gift idea, as a pen holder.
The shelves in stores are crammed with gift ideas for Valentine’s Day but there’s a precious charm about receiving a handmade gift that trumps any gift you can buy from a store.
Easy Toilet Paper Roll Butterfly Craft
Materials required to make your toilet paper roll butterfly:
A pair of scissors
A square cardboard piece, as big as the heart-shaped doily or bigger.
2. Fold the ends of the paper into the openings on either side of the roll.
3. Glue two heart-shaped paper doilies on the roll, to form the butterfly’s wings.
4. Now stick two wiggly eyes on the other side and with a pen or marker draw a smile on your butterfly, if you would like.
Stick this inside the top opening of the roll
6. Hot glue a red pom-pom on either end of the stem to complete the butterfly’s antenna.
7. Stick a red heart-shaped doily onto the extra cardboard square
8. Finally, hot glue the bottom of the roll to the heart doily on the cardboard, to form the base of the Valentine pen stand.
There you have it, an easy and incredibly sweet toilet paper roll butterfly craft and Valentine pen stand your child can make for your home or teacher.