With Mother’s Day right around the corner and the kids badgering Dad to make you a delicious sweet treat in the kitchen, you can’t help but give in. Not only is this recipe incredibly easy for them to recreate with Dad’s help (or even independently, if older) but it’s also a treat you will enjoy and unabashedly help yourself to a second serving or even more!
The easy way to make a delicious Strawberry Danish
The ingredients are conveniently available at any grocery store:
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet thawed (I used Pepperidge Farm)
- 1 package cream cheese softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberries
- Butter to brush on top up to 1 tbsp
- 1 cup powdered sugar for icing
- 1-2 tsp milk for icing
- Set pastry sheet out to thaw for 30 minutes.
- Rinse and slice strawberries, then cook on medium heat with ¼ cup sugar for 10 minutes, stirring frequently to form a thick, jam-like texture. Set in the fridge to cool.
- In a small bowl, beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
- Unroll pastry, then cut lines at an angle up both sides to the fold.
- On the middle third, spread out your cream cheese mixture, then top with your strawberries.
- Starting at the top, alternately cross over each strip of pastry, forming a braid pattern until you reach the end.
- Brush on some melted butter, and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- When fully cooked, drizzle with icing. (Whisk together 1 cup powdered sugar and 1-2 tsp milk till smooth)