I love the end of the year with all the get-togethers and parties, getting to meet friends you haven’t met for a while and just a great time of fellowshipping with young and old. Most often than not there’s food involved and I try to keep it simple.
Candy Cane Blondie Bites
As soon as the Christmas goodies start hitting the shelves I look out for packs of Candy Cane chocolate to incorporate into holiday treats.
This recipe is one that is a favorite, not too sweet, has Christmas written all over it and is ever so easy to make!
Always remember that the key to having a stress-free Christmas season is to keep it simple!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature (Equivalent to1 stick of butter/8 tbsps)
- 1 egg at room temperature- gently beat the egg before adding to the mix
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar. If you would like it a little sweeter, make this 3/4 cup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses -chopped fine.
- For the "frosting"- 20 Candy Cane Kisses cut in half
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place mini muffin cups into the muffin tray.
- In a bowl, mix , till combined, the butter and brown sugar.
- Add to this mixture, the beaten egg and vanilla, and combine/
- Now add the flour, Candy Cane Kisses and salt. Mix till well combined.
- Scoop up enough batter to fill the mini muffin cups.
- Now bake the mini blondie bites for approx 20 minutes, or till the toothpick comes out clean. (If you prefer crispier blondies, leave the muffins in an additional 5 minutes. Make sure they don't brown too much though)
- As soon as you take the mini muffins out of the oven, take half the Candy Cane Kiss and place it on the hot mini muffin. Do this for all the mini muffins.
- Once melted completely, take a butter knife and gently spread the "frosting" evenly over the top.
- Set aside for about 10 minutes to allow the frosting to harden.
- And there you have it, delicious Candy Cane Blondie Bites!