For me, certain seasons have specific spices assigned to them.
Somehow cinnamon and nutmeg are spices that automatically scream Fall and Winter, so when I chose to bake donut mufffins this morning for breakfast, I thought it would be fun to throw in a little cinnamon and nutmeg into the mix.
And while I was at it, I figured a handful of chopped pecans wouldn’t hurt either.
(Isn’t it great that a few “Why Not?”s in the kitchen can turn out to have yummy outcomes?!)
Delicious Baked Pecan Donut Muffins!
So here’s why I encourage you to try these…
1. They’re so easy to bake.
2. They’re packed with pecan goodness
3. My kids and Hubs loved every crumb (That has to say something!) and
3. The aroma that remains in your home after a batch is baked is worth popping that tray into the oven, any day!
Give it a try and let me know what your family thinks.
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup milk room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients, including the pecans, and set aside.
- In your mixer/in a bowl, mix the sugar, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg well.
- Add to this half the dry mix and continue mixing.
- Now pour in the milk and mix
- Finally add the dry mix and finish mixing.
- Pour the prepared batter into a greased muffin pan, ensuring you only fill half of each muffin pocket
- Finish it off by placing a pecan on top of each muffin before popping the pan into the oven
- Make for 15 minutes or till a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Enjoy served hot out of the oven!