My family loves shortbread cookies and this 3 ingredient recipe is a no fail recipe that anyone can make…and yes it tastes yum!
If you do plan to do cookie cutter shapes just make sure you don’t make your cookies too thin (like I did!) and use regular butter, not baking butter, while making these.
3 Ingredient Christmas Shortbread Cookies
(Credit:Linda @ All Recipes)
2 cups butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Cream butter and brown sugar. (I tried this while the butter was still cold, not at room temperature as I read this makes the cookies flaky and soft in comparison)
- Add 3 to 3 3/4 cups flour. Mix well.
- Sprinkle board with the remaining flour. Knead for 5 minutes, adding enough flour to make a soft dough.
- Roll to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut into 3×1 inch strips.
- Prick with fork and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for about 20 minutes. (but keep checking on this as bake time varies oven to oven. Mine got slightly browned on the ends!)
- If you’d like sprinkle granulated sugar on the top while still warm