This feature includes affiliate links. We sincerely appreciate your support when you shop through the same as you help support the running of this site. Thank you.
My 5 year old loves to help out in the kitchen, so to encourage his love for all things culinary, I’ve been looking for easy recipes for him to handle with a little or no assistance where possible.
Looking through my Mama’s recipe book, I found a magazine clipping for a No-Bake Cookie recipe that I thought would be fun for us to try. We added our spin on it to make it Little Man approved and we think these Choco-Date Cookies will be the perfect sweet treat for his teachers on Valentine’s Day!
No-Bake Choco-Date Cookies for Valentine’s Day
These are best refrigerated and yes, they make great treats in that lunch box too!
- Take a large bowl and mix the crushed cereal, ground cashews, cocoa powder, dates, sugar and jelly together.
- Melt the butter and add this to the mix and form a dough ball.
- Take a greased pan or line a pan with parchment paper and flatten the "cookie dough" onto the same, till it's about ¼th inch thick.
- Take your cookie cutter and make the shape of choice.
- Then refrigerate your shaped no-bake cookies for about 2 hours. Or you can eat them as is.
If you pick up this heart shaped cookie cutter set you can make different sized cookies.
I love that the choice of jelly or cereal will not make or break this recipe. And this isn’t overly sweet.
And while at the dollar store this past weekend, I found these beautiful Valentine’s themed long glasses (The label says they’re vases but I think otherwise!) that would make the perfect carriers for these cookies to the kids’ teachers on Valentine’s week.
Beautifully packaged in a Valentine’s themed treat bag and with hearts on the ribbon, not only will the teacher receive a homemade treat by your child but a pretty glass memento to keep once those treats are gobbled up. And yes, this is such an inexpensive yet classy Valentine’s gift idea, wouldn’t you think?
- How to Make Rose Water by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- A Valentine’s Day Breakfast by The Guavalicious Life
- Salted Caramels by How Was Your Day?
- Valentine’s Day Krispies Treats by This Mama Loves
- Homemade Strawberry Syrup for Flavorful Delights by Day by Day in Our World
- Pom Pom Valentine’s Day Craft for Kids by Our Family World
- French Vanilla Raspberry Italian Cream Soda by Pretty Opinionated
- Epsom Salts DIY Valentine’s Candles by A Day in Motherhood
- Chocolate Honey Lip Scrub by The Socialite’s Closet
- Hugs and Kisses Valentine’s Cupcakes by Simply Southern Mom
- Printable Valentine’s Day Scavenger Hunt by Mom on the Side
- Box of Chocolates Cake by Kids Fun Reviewed
- Cranberry Hootycreek – Valentine’s Day Cookies by MommaDJane
- Dark Chocolate Granola by Food Fun Family
- Valentine’s Day “Love Lives Here” Decorative House Craft by Sincerely Mindy
- Hand Sewn Valentine Cards by Beyond Mommying
- DIY Heart Stamp for Kids by Family Focus Blog
- DIY Peppermint Chocolate Bark Favors by A Bride on a Budget
- Day Out With Daddy Jar by Sweet Lil You
- No Sew Fringed Scarf for Him – or Her! by Style on Main
- Strawberry Shortcake in a Jar by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Valentine’s Day Oreo Hearts by Gator Mommy Reviews