This post contains editorial samples and/or affiliate links to products I recommend. While this adds no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission on any sales made.
We take the little things for granted…
It’s just understood that our kids will wear shoes to school, to play, indoors …
why, even when they’re still learning to crawl.
But there are over 400 million children in the world, for whom a pair of shoes is considered a luxury…
despite being in conditions that desperately stress on the need for footwear protection.
can must help!!
- Save shoes that your children have out-grown and drop them off at a designated, approved, Soles4Souls collection center.
- Go through your “shoe collection” and separate pairs into “need” and “want” piles. Push yourself to donate your “want” pile. True you may not have a specific pair of shoes to match a specific dress in your wardrobe but the pair you donate can help save a person’s feet from parasitic infections and painful forms of elephantiasis, on the other side of the world.
- If you’re unable to donate shoes but would like to help support this worthy cause, consider donating finances. For every 1$ you donate, Soles4Souls can provide 1 individual with a much needed pair of shoes.
- Organize a shoe drive in your community. You will be amazed at how many pairs you will be able collect. Some people are genuinely unaware that gently used, old shoes can be such a blessing to another person.
- Other ways to help.
* Read more about the 30 Day Giving Challenge 2012 *