This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #OREOCookieBalls#CollectiveBias
While planning the menu for those tailgate parties you may be hosting, don’t forget to add a little sweet treat for the young football fans at the party. Though I have to add here that this treat is a favorite with both young and old!
Easy Game Time OREO Cookie Balls
If you follow the official OREO Cookie Balls recipe and keep in mind my OREO Cookie Ball hacks, you won’t face any problems at all.
- 1 pkg 8 oz. brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies finely crushed (about 3 cups)
- 4 pkg. 4 oz. each semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- MIX cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 min. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
- CUSTOMIZE it with your own ingredient additions or decorative skills.
- REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm.
OREO Cookie Balls are ever so easy to make and can be a fun activity to involve the kids in when the games get a little boring or while waiting for guests to arrive.
If you have toddlers or young preschoolers at home who insist on helping, skip putting the OREOs in the food processor to crush. Put the OREOs into a double plastic bag and have your little one crush the cookies with a pestel, potato masher or bare hands.
My 5 year old and 9 year old helped mold the footballs easily after I showed them how. They began by rolling the Cookie Balls mixture into 2 inch sized balls, gently molding these into oval shapes, to gradually form footballs.
Dottie could also help coat the cookie balls and help decorate the same.
These may not look as professional as the cookie balls you see on bakery racks but they will be appreciated much more considering the kids made the same.
Get creative, try new OREO flavor combinations from the selections carried at Walmart
and have fun with those OREO Cookie Balls.
For more OREO Cookie Ball recipes and inspiration visit the OREO Cookie Balls Hub!