This post contains editorial samples and/or affiliate links to products I recommend. While this adds no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission on any sales made.
This week I have yet another easy-peasy recipe using 7 ingredients or less…
Recipe for the week… Fruit & Nut Breakfast Rolls Surprise!.
Peanut Butter Jelly Sandwiches have always been our quick go-to choice for breakfast till I introduced my family to this yummy breakfast surprise..
I love calling it a Breakfast Rolls Surprise because when you first look at the Roll you don’t really expect much out of it…
but then you take that one bite…
The marriage of Peanut Butter, Apples, Cinnamon, Dates and Walnuts bursts out with a perfect rich, surprising, flavor…
reminding me of Christmas all the way!n.
Here’s a look at the 7 ingredients used in my Christmas Morning In Your Mouth Rolls!….
Here’s how you make this easy, delicious Fruit & Nut Breakfast Rolls Surprise….
- 1/4 cup Peter Pan Peanut Butter
- 1 roll of HEB's refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuit dough You can substitute this with the Butter flavored dough instead, to kick that rich flavor up a notch!
- 1 organic Gala Apple finely chopped into small cubes
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp seedless dates chopped or you can use baking dates
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp honey Optional. If your apples are sweet and you don't have a very sweet tooth, you can reduce this to 1 tbsp or just omit it completely
Pre-heat the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit (The can says 400 degrees but I've noticed my biscuits brown quickly, so I bake mine at a lower temp.)
Mix together all the ingredients (except the Buttermilk Biscuit dough) till everything is well blended.
Separate the 10 biscuits and press them into approx 6-inch round shapes. Spoon about 1 heaped tbsp of the mixture into the center of each round. Fold the dough over the filling and press to seal.
Place on greased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 mins, till golden brown.
Serve hot, right out of the oven.