My kids love all things chocolate, baked straight out of my oven and Hubs does too…’cept scratch out the chocolate bit.
Therein enters these delicious Texas Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
The recipe is simple considering I had all the ingredients in the pantry. And to tie in Hubs love for subtly sweet treats, I decided to omit adding the 2 cups of semi-sweet dark chocolate chips, the original recipe called for. (Throw these in if you’re whipping up these cookies for the kiddos. They’d love the choco-dulgence!)
- 2 1/4 cup. Organic All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup Extra Light Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup each: Cane Sugar and Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. Organic Vanilla Essence
- 3 Large Organic Eggs
- 1 cup Pecan Bits/Crumbles
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line 3 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Combine olive oil, sugars, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Mix with an electric mixer on medium speed for 3 minutes or until light and creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing 1 more minute for each.
- Add fl our mixture 1/2 cup at a time, mixing on low speed. Stir in pecans with a spoon.
- Drop cookie batter 2 tablespoons at a time on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake on center oven rack for 14 to 15 minutes or until set.
- Cool cookies slightly, then remove from cookie sheets to wire racks.
I took my batch out of the oven quicker than required as I wanted my cookies to be soft and not crispy…
and yes, I admit these were surprisingly yummy.
Not too sweet and no hints of any olive oil flavoring.
The taste of pecans in each bite definitely makes this another cookie I’m going to add to our Christmas Cookie gift boxes.