This post contains editorial samples and/or affiliate links to products I recommend. While this adds no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission on any sales made.
Two weeks ago we celebrated Bunny girl’s 3rd birthday with a Disney Theme. What made this party special was Bunny girl helped every step of the way, from filling the goody bags, to helping create the game props, to making the Mickey ears for the party hats. We had the party indoors as we had crazy cold climate which was very unusual for our city…but that didn’t stop us from having fun.Here are some of the ideas we brought to life at our very own Disney party:
1. We made customized party invites– We bought regular invitation cards from Michaels and Bunny girl stuck the little Minnie/Mickey stickers on the front. (depending on who was getting the invite.)
The initial plan was to have the party at the park (The park had a duck pond…Donald Duck!)but sadly the weather took a change for the brrrs and we had to change it to our apartment 2 days prior. (Made up a little poem to tie in the Disney theme.)We pasted the poem on the back of each invite.
2. Thought up some Disney themed games –
- Passing the Crown: Similar to hot potato/passing the parcel except a crown is passed to a player, he places it on his head and then passes it to the next player who then places it on her head, before passing it on. The player wearing the crown when the music stops, leaves the game. The last player left in the circle with the crown, is declared the Royal Winner
- Finding the number of Nemos :I filled a little plastic container with goldfish crackers and got the guests to guess how many Nemos were in the container. Strangely enough I was only able to stuff in 303 Nemos….which worked out symbolic to our 3 year old’s party!
- The last game we played was called the ‘Little Einsteins Mission’:Made all the kids decide which Little Einstein they would be and then got them all to stand on the carpet-that was was our Rocket!Gave them clues to guess 8 Disney characters. After guessing each clue, they had to race around the apartment and find a small chart taped on the wall with the corresponding clue number and then return to the ‘Rocket’ and wait for their next clue. After solving all 8 clues, each child was given an envelope with a picture of the Little Einsteins, titled “Mission Completion”.
- Each envelope held 7 tiny printed Pluto’s bones. They were told to open their respective envelopes and check if they had a bone with a blue star sticker on the back. If they did, they would win the grand prize. (We made sure each child’s envelope contained a blue star) In the end, all the winners were made to stand in a line and await the “Mission Reward”- a tiny Mickey or Minnie pouch/purse filled with Hershey kisses.To ensure the adults didn’t feel left out, we played Bingo/Housie and got them to shout out ‘Mickey Mouse’ instead of ‘Bingo’. This was fun as we had embarassed adults whispering out their loudest ‘Mickey Mouse’!. Had 6 prizes given away for this.
3. Made our own Mickey party hats– Elisa had good fun helping make these…it was super easy and we just needed black chart paper for the ears. We cut these out and attached them to the party hats through tiny slits on either sides of the hats.
4. Had a Little Einsteins cake– used the little Fisher Price toys Bunny girl has as cake toppers..and ordered a yum buttercream marble cake from Sam’s…the cake remained moist and fresh even 6 days later! I would definitely suggest Sam’s Club’s cakes.
5. Disney themed goodies- The little ones had Tinkerbell favorbags filled with a little plastic glass that held their Princess or Pooh pens and pencils, a Mickey or Minnie topper sharpener, a Mickey or Minnie replaceable eraser pen and healthy snacks- raisins, Welch’s fruit snacks and crackers.
It wasn’t much but it was Disney enough for the kids. Best of all, it was fun doing the preps before the big day too and Bunny girl was the best little helper any Mommy could have!
P.S. Here are the 8 Little Einstein Mission Clues…try n guess them all (scroll down for the answers):
1. I BOUNCE AND JUMP AND I’M LOTS OF FUN…I’M ORANGE N BLACK AND POOH’S MY BEST CHUM
2. MEESKA MOOSKA, THATS MY CHANT. HOT DOG,I’M A MOUSE THAT LOVES TO DANCE!
3. QUACKITY QUACK OH ME OH MY, I’M MINNIE’S FRIEND..I’M A GIRL N I’M SHY!
4. UNO DOS TRES…WE’RE ALWAYS THERE TO FIX- MY TOOLS N I DO SOME GREAT FIX IT TRICKS
5. I LIVE IN A PALACE, THAT’S A S ROYAL AS CAN BE…I’M A PRINCESS WHO LOVES TO SING AND YES I’M PRETTY
6. PIXIE DUST AND SPRINKLES, I LOVE TO FLY…PETER PAN AND I SOAR ACROSS THE SKY!
7. I’M NOT LIKE OTHER GIRLS COZ I HAVEA LONG FISH TAIL…I LIVE UNDER THE SEA, BELOW WHERE THE BOATS SAIL
8. MISSION COMPLETE! YOU DID JUST GREAT. FIND ME AND MY BATON, THEN YOUR RACE IS COMPLETE!
2. Mickey mouse
3. Daisy duck
4. Handy Manny
8. Leo- Little Einsteins
July 9 2009 update: Our Disney party idea was featured on Creative Parties and Showers.