I love the holidays. There’s just so much happiness in the air.
The gradual drop in temperatures and cooler weather will also mean more than just a handful of people will come down with the sniffles and worst yet, even the flu.
What’s one to do?
Ways to stay Healthy during the Holidays
A few proactive adjustments to your lifestyle will help make this holiday season healthier than earlier ones.
1. Enjoy everything on the feasting table but remind yourself to eat in moderation.
2. When you’re offered a take-home box to enjoy leftover dishes or treats later, politely decline or take the box and share the same with a colleague at work or a lonely neighbor.
3. As is possible, engage in some sort of physical activity every day. This may be harder when the kids break on holiday but you can make working out fun. Throw a dance party for the kids and join them in dancing those calories away.
4. Make sure you take your daily dose of vitamin C.
5. Don’t forget to wash hands with warm water and soap, after being out in public or sanitize your hands while outdoors.