This post contains editorial samples and/or affiliate links to products I recommend. While this adds no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission on any sales made.
I’m always fiddling around with recipes I come across, to add a dash (or in some cases more than just a dash) of healthy for the kids. And with Valentine’s Day coming up, I’ve been scouring
With Valentine’s Day coming up, I’ve been scouring pinterest for some fun Valentine’s Day treats for the days leading u to the 14th.
I came across a delicious recipe for strawberry bread and thought this would make a great Valentine’s Day breakfast addition or deliciousness in the school lunchbox. I’ve revamped the recipe quite a bit to try and make this as healthy as possible.
And I made my bread in a Bundt pan to make the slices not as overwhelming for my kids to finish when they take the same to school.
Here, give my Strawberry Pecan Bread recipe a try…
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter room temperature
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- 1/4-1/2 cup fresh strawberries chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients together and set aside. (Flour, salt, baking powder, <g class="gr_ gr_1209 gr-alert gr_gramm undefined Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="1209" data-gr-id="1209">pecans</g> and cinnamon)
In your stand mixer or in a bowl, add the egg and sugar. Mix well.
Add to this the butter and fruit spread. Mix.
Now add 1/2 the dry mix to this and half the yogurt. Gently mix.
Add the remaining dry mix and yogurt. Mix till all the ingredients are combined well.
Now fold in the strawberries.
Take your pre-greased Bundt pan and sprinkle additional cinnamon and sugar at the bottom.
Now pour in your batter, say a prayer and place the pan in the oven to bake.
Bake for 40 mins or till your toothpick, when inserted in the bread, comes out clean.
Enjoy plain or with a slather of fruit spread on top!
For more Pinterest remakes, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Berry Sipper Mocktail by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Starbucks Cup Gift Card Holder by Homemaking Hacks
- Ice Lanterns by Upstate Ramblings
- Lip Scrub by Mom Always Finds Out
- The Best Homemade Vanilla Extract by How Was Your Day?
- The Best Crockpot Chili Recipe by Food Fun Family
- Vintage Cheddar and Gruyere Mac and Cheese with Polish Kielbasa by A Day in Motherhood
- Flourless Brownies with Craisins and Pistachios by Day by Day in Our World
- DIY Hot Chocolate Mix Recipe by Just 2 Sisters
- Tiger Nut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies by Home and Garden Cafe
- Bang Bang Chicken by Jennifer Sikora
- Frozen Banana Yogurt Peanut Dog Treats by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Dark Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Oatmeal by Sincerely Mindy
- Garlic Monkey Bread Recipe by Gator Mommy
- Homemade Vanilla Orange Mint Sugar Scrub by Baby Loving Mama
- Valentine’s Day Strawberries by Sizzling Eats
- All Natural 2 Ingredient Lip Gloss by The Socialite’s Closet
- Pantry Tomato Pasta by The Guavalicious Life