Summers in our corner of Texas can be real scorchers and you can be sure I’m already thinking of ways for the kids to have a memory filled summer and stay cool at the same time!
It may sound crazy but we’ve never visited a Schiltterbahn water park ever.
But this summer we’re changing that!
Considering the brand has a claim to fame being the birthplace of nearly every water park innovation, I’m excited for us to check it out. The Schlitterbahn South Padre park boasts of being home to the world’s first transportainment system where interconnected rivers are queue lines for rides. Pretty cool!
I understand Schlitterbahn parks are the largest in the nation, so a first-timer can get overwhelmed if hitting the park without any preparation whatsoever.
I’ve scouted around a bit and here are a few tips if you plan to visit a Schlitterbahn park for the first time.
And yes, I’m putting this down in one place to make for easy reference when our family visits this summer!
1. Wear swim shoes or flip flops as there are several hot pockets around the park, especially while walking from point A to point B
2. Carry lots of sunscreen and reapply it several times during the day as water rides will remove most of it off.
3. Take an ice-chest and pack it with fun snacks and even a lunch. Food and drinks (no alcohol or glass is permitted though) is welcome into the park!
4. Leave your life jackets at home. The park offers free life jackets to its visitors.
5. Don’t worry about carrying extra change for parking. Parking is free.
Have you visited a Schlitterbahn park before? Do you have any tips to share?