Now some people may debate that travel is expensive irrespective of where it is you are going but I have to disagree. If you plan in advance, do your homework, and be willing to stray away from conformed travel must-dos, you will be able to pull together a family vacation packed with great memories.
5 ways to save money while traveling
Here are a few ways to save quite a bit:
1. One mistake people make while planning a family vacation is booking an expensive hotel room directly through a hotel’s website. We’ve used coupon codes through sites like Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com to get a room at 20% lower a price than was advertised on the hotel’s website on more occasions than one.
3. If you’re visiting a city for the prime reason to hit their popular attractions, visit the local city website or attraction websites to find discounts for entry tickets. Most hotels carry travel pamphlets with admission discount coupons as well. Don’t forget to research to make sure you’re getting the best discount.
4. Many cities have free admission attractions that are overlooked. TripAdvisor has some great recommendations that should not be overlooked.
5. Drive to your destination. A road trip is always fun and the sights along the way make great additions to that travel journal.
A big bonus? The money you save not booking those expensive flight tickets!It really isn’t hard. It might take a little time to put your “family travel package” together, keeping in mind what your family would love, but in the end you will be 100% satisfied to know that you:
1. Got away from the grind
2. Got to spend some good, quality time with the family, creating memories
3. Didn’t have to break the bank while doing that!
If you’re in the market for a new or pre-owned vehicle in the Kilgore, Texas area, visit the Patterson Chrysler Dodge dealership, our partners for this feature. You know the success of a smooth drive always lies with the reliability of the vehicle you own.