I can’t believe it’s August, which means the kids will go back to school soon and summer will come to an end.
After returning from our trip to India, we’ve been spending long evenings in the backyard, trying to savor as much of the summer left.
Just because the sun goes down, the fun doesn’t have to end, right?
With a little creativity and a few powered aids, you don’t have to stop playing when it becomes dark.
1. Flashlight tag
The child with the flashlight tags a person in flight when he directs the glare from the flashlight on the first child in sight.
2. Nocturnal Scavenger Hunt
The kids are given a list of things to find, armed with a headlight, pen and a paper. If you can pass out a headlight for each child then that would be awesome, else let them go one at a time and see who is able to strike off things on the list the fastest.
3. Find the hidden treasure
In this game, glow-in-the-dark bracelets (pretend these are the shiny doubloons) are hidden around the backyard and similar to an Easter egg hunt, the child that returns with the most number of bracelets wins.
4. Dodge balloon
For this game you will need an adult scanning the flashlight or lantern across the backyard like a strobe. The children take the opportunity to throw water balloons at the child under the spotlight. This game moves fast as the light keeps moving from child to child quickly.
5. Musical statues
Play music and when the light from the lantern/flashlight falls upon a certain child. That child has to stop dancing immediately and stand like a statue. The child that moves takes the place of the person holding the lantern/flashlight.
6. Shadow charades
Similar to dumb charades, children are broken into two teams and have to try making a shadow puppet that best resembles the word given to them. For this a lantern or a headlight works best.
To play these games, the kids broke into the box of what I call Energizer fun-power-boosters.
- Energizer® EcoAdvanced™ batteries, the world’s first AA and AAA battery made with four percent recycled batteries.
- Energizer headlights. These are lightweight, versatile and water resistant with pivoting functionality to direct light where you need it. (The Energizer Vision HD+ Focus LED Headlight is the best. It’s water and impact resistant for upto 1 meter, has an 80m beam distance and 250 lumen output. )
- Energizer area lanterns. These are the safe, reliable way to provide bright 360° light long into the night, at the camp fire, or while weathering a storm. They’re not just portable but also allows for hands-free use and provides smart dimming technology with high and low light output when needed.
How would you like to light up your Summer with a box of Energizer goodies?
One reader will receive a ‘Powering Summer’ prize box (approximate value: $90) with
- One Energizer® Fusion LED Folding Lantern
- One Energizer® Vision HD + Focus LED Headlight
- Two packs of Energizer® EcoAdvanced® AA and AAA Batteries
Use the Giveaway Tools form provided below to be eligible for a chance to win this giveaway
** If you face any problems while entering this giveaway, please get in touch with me ASAP! **