The shelves in stores are crammed with gift ideas for Valentine’s Day but there’s a precious charm about receiving a handmade gift that trumps any gift you can buy from a store.
This sweet toilet paper roll Valentine butterfly doubles as a fun craft to do with your child and an adorable Valentine gift idea, as a pen holder.
Toilet paper roll
Watch them wiggle eyes, Black(500 PIECES) – BULKFun Express Mini Valentine Heart Doilies – Assorted Colors – 100 PiecesCreativity Street Chenille Stems/Pipe Cleaners 12 Inch x 6mm 100-Piece, GreenDarice Pom-Poms, 1-Inch, Red, 40-PackNeenah Astrobrights Premium Color Card Stock, 65 lb, 8.5 x 11 Inches, 250 Sheets, Re-Entry Red
A pair of scissors
A square cardboard piece, as big as the heart shaped doily or bigger.
2. Fold the ends of the paper into the openings on either side of the roll.
3. Glue two heart shaped paper doilies on the roll, to form the butterfly’s wings.
4. Now stick two wiggly eyes on the other side and with a pen or marker draw a smile on your butterfly, if you would like.
There you have it, an easy and incredibly sweet Valentine pen stand your child can make for your home or even a preschool teacher.
Be sure to check out the rest of these great Valentine’s Day DIY projects
- Food Fun Family – DIY Rose and Lavender Lotion Bars
- Style on Main – Pearl and Leather Lariat Necklace
- How Was Your Day? – Hugs and Kisses Coasters
- Fun Happy Home – Last Minute Valentine’s Gift Idea
- Cutefetti – The Heart Nose Valentine’s Day Printable Gift
- The Eyes of a Boy – DIY Valentine’s Heart Wreath
- Mommy Snippets – Easy Valentine Gift a Child Can Make
- Busy Creating Memories – DIY Upcycle Bottle Vase Valentine’s Day Gift
- Thrifty Jinxy – DIY Homemade Peppermint Lip Balm