I’m always on the hunt for cute Valentine’s Day cards for kids to exchange with friends at school or in the neighborhood. I always think the more creative a card is, the more memorable it will be for the recipient.
These adorable Valentines using what my son calls mini oranges (clementines!) are just that…
cute and memorable!
Cute Printable Valentine’s Day Cards for School (Free)
Small oranges (clementines or tangerines)
White card stock (110 lb preferred. 80 lb works too, if that’s what you have)
Permanent glue dots (These hold the wiggly eyes on better)
Scissors or a paper trimmer.
Access to a reliable, multifunction color printer.
Neenah Exact Index, 110 lb, 8.5 x 11 Inches, 250 Sheets, White, 94 BrightnessGlue Dots Permanent Dot N’ Go DispenserZiploc Storage Bags Quart 48 ct (Pack Of 3)DECORA 500 Pieces 6mm -12mm Black Wiggle Googly Eyes with Self-adhesiveFiskars 12 Inch SureCut Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer (152490-1004)Canon Office and Business MX922 All-in-one Printer, Wireless and mobile printingXyron Teresa Collins by Xyron Stapler for Artwork
Print as many sheets as required. (Each sheet holds 4 cards)
2. Cut the cards out, following the dotted line indicated for reference.
3. Fold each card on the crease and set aside.
4. Take a clementine/tangerine, stick two wiggly eyes on the same, using the glue dots.
Do this for two clementines/tangerines.
5. Gently place the two orange buddies in a quart storage and seal the bag, ensuring you let the air out of the same.
6. Place one “Orange You Glad We’re Friends” card over the sealed storage bag and staple the same onto the bag , to hold the card in place.
And there you have it.
A sweet Valentine’s day card with a healthy treat for your child to pass out to his friends this year.
If your kids’ school is strict when it comes to bringing any food to exchange on Valentine’s Day, you could go with these orange alternatives.