If you’re looking for an easy vegetarian meal to put on the table, that the kids will enjoy, here’s an easy-to-make Italian favorite that will have them asking for seconds!
Baked Eggplant Parmesan
For What’s Cooking
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Kraft® Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 large eggplant, peeled if desired
- 1/4 cup Parkay® Original Spread-tub, melted
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt’s® Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz each) Hunt’s® Tomato Sauce with Basil, Garlic and Oregano
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside. Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in shallow dish.
- Cut eggplant into 12 slices, about 1/2-inch thick. Brush slices with Parkay, then coat each side with bread crumb mixture. Place on baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes or until tender, turning once. Top slices evenly with mozzarella cheese.
- Meanwhile, combine undrained tomatoes and sauce in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Spoon tomato mixture evenly into 4 shallow bowls. Place 3 eggplant slices over sauce in each bowl.
4 servings (3 slices eggplant with 1/2 cup sauce each) Calories 305; Total Fat 15 g(Saturated Fat 6 g); Cholesterol 23 mg; Sodium 1013 mg; Carbohydrate 27 g; (Dietary Fiber 6 g, Sugars 9 g); Protein 12 g; Percent Daily Values*: Vitamin A 25%; Vitamin C 22%; Calcium 34%; Iron 13%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Kraft® is a registered trademark of Kraft Foods, Inc.