There are those days when, for the life of you, you just can’t think of something quick, wholesome and yummy that picky kids will love…that’s when Mac ‘n’ Cheese ‘n’ Chicken come into the picture.
Twice a week, a friend’s kids come over after school for about an hour or so till their Mommy finishes with her University classes. I love having the kids over but am never excited about preparing lunch for them as they’re ever so picky. Thankfully this dish worked and it looks like this will be the staple when they stay for lunch!!
- ½ pound elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 6 ounces evaporated milk
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper
- ¾ teaspoon dry mustard
- 10 ounces sharp cheddar, shredded
- ½ pound boneless chicken
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing
- 1 individual pack of Kraft’s Shake and Bake Seasoning Mix
- First take your chicken and cut them into small nugget sized or smaller cubes
- Marinate this with ranch dressing for about 10 minutes
- Coat with the Shake n Bake seasoning
- Pop this into a preheated oven at 400 degrees and bake for about 20 minutes till cooked and crisp
- Set the chicken aside and start work on your Mac and Cheese.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water cook the pasta to al dente and drain.
- Return to the pot and melt in the butter.
- Toss to coat.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, hot sauce, salt, pepper, and mustard.
- Stir into the pasta and add the cheese.
- Over low heat continue to stir for 3 minutes or until creamy.
- Once this is done, throw in the chicken, toss the mixture, cook for an additional minute and then get ready to serve this piping hot.
Do you have a great recipe you’d love to share?
Come link up your favorite recipe posts below and pin/re-tweet/share/stumble the others you’d like to try out…