I haven’t put up my posts for Days 14-16 but that doesn’t mean we took a holiday with our Giving on those days. We have a calendar printed out on our fridge and we list out our ‘GIVE’ for the day so that we all know we’re accountable for keeping the Challenge alive in our home.
On Day 17 of the 30 Day Giving Challenge, I wanted to remind you that your giving need not be monetary, it may be non monetary.
Here are some ideas…
- ‘Give-clean’ your home. This is an activity similar to spring cleaning only with a twist. Look for things you’ve bought that you realize you haven’t used but have been sitting safe and sound in your closet or kitchen. Find someone you know who would have more need for the same and GIVE it away.
- Cook a meal for someone you know you may need a break from whipping up his/her own meal or has a spouse out of town or is just a little under the weather.
- Use the gifts God has placed in you to minister to someone/a group of people. Speak a word of encouragement, teach a Bible Study, teach a Sunday School class, teach a Stay at home mom a vocational hobby that she can use to start a home business
- Do you have long hair and really want to snip it all off and get a new look? Instead of just throwing away your beautiful tresses, consider donating them to Locks of Love
Locks of Love is a public non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children in the United States and Canada under age 21 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis. They meet a unique need for children by using donated hair to create the highest quality hair prosthetics.
Your giving is only limited by the doubts your mind may bring up…those “What If?”s “What Will they Say?”s. etc.
Get creative and be spontaneous. God can use you to bless others in extraordinary ways.
* Follow the 30 Day Giving Challenge on the 30 Day Giving Challenge Blog *