We’re less than a month away for school to reopen here in Texas.
Less than a month for Bunny girl to get back into routine.
Less than a month for us to revise all the dos and don’ts…
to ensure she does her part to stay healthy and safe through the new school year.
Our family’s “To Be Healthy” musts for Bunny girl include…
- Observing a systematic teeth brushing routine. Both in the morning and before bed at night.
- Beginning the day with a substantial breakfast. (My definition of breakfast does not include pop tarts or honey graham crackers. We do it it my Mama’s way…a choice of eggs, pancakes, cereal or french toast and a big glass of milk.)
- Eating healthy through the day: Bunny girl generally carries a light sandwich for her school lunch each day as she says her breakfast keeps her going through the day. (Cafeteria food is just not her thing!) Once she gets home at 3 pm, I do ensure she eats a full sized hot meal. This way she stays on track with the veggies, grains, meats routine through the day.
- Washing one’s hands as frequently as possible, especially while at school. Now I know this isn’t always practical, so we’ve picked up those clip-on sanitizer vials that she can use through the day.
- Teaching her to sneeze/cough into her sleeve or shirt to prevent germs from floating around. (And yes, always carrying around a pack of Boogie Wipesin her backpack…just in case!)
- Ensuring she gets a decent amount of sleep each day.
- Throwing out the 3 second rule for dropped food, while in school! In our home we’ve strictly enforced that food that falls anywhere outside the lunchbox has to be thrown out. No exceptions permitted! And food/lunchboxes/flasks cannot be received/ shared with a friend unless we’ve agreed to the same. (The only exception: Class Parties)
— Marina (@ebmommy) August 6, 2012
**EBMR Disclaimer: As a member of Clever Girls Collective, I was selected to participate in the Healthy Habits program sponsored by Kimberly-Clark and Colgate-Palmolive. The content and opinions expressed here are all my own. #healthyhabits #cgc**