We’re on week 2 of the 2012 H-E-B/ ConAgra Meal Maker Challenge.
Over the past 2 weeks, we showed you how to use the secret ingredients-
Egg-Beaters, in our Hearty Tex-Mex Wraps and
Hebrew National Franks in our Chinese Noodles Medley.
This week I have yet another easy-peasy recipe using 7 ingredients or less…
featuring the secret ingredient of the week…
that can be made in less than 30 minutes.
The secret ingredient for Week 3 is Peter Pan Peanut Butter.
All set to see how we’ve incorporated this week’s secret ingredient?
Recipe for the week… Fruit & Nut Breakfast Rolls Surprise!
Peanut Butter Jelly Sandwiches have always been our quick go-to choice for breakfast till I introduced my family to this yummy breakfast surprise.
I love calling it a Breakfast Rolls Surprise because when you first look at the Roll you don’t really expect much out of it…
but then you take that one bite…
The marriage of Peanut Butter, Apples, Cinnamon, Dates and Walnuts bursts out with a perfect rich, surprising, flavor…
reminding me of Christmas all the way!
Here’s a look at the 7 ingredients used in my Christmas Morning In Your Mouth Rolls!…
Here’s how you make this easy, delicious Fruit & Nut Breakfast Rolls Surprise…
- ¼ cup Peter Pan Peanut Butter
- 1 roll of HEB’s refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuit dough (You can substitute this with the Butter flavored dough instead, to kick that rich flavor up a notch!)
- 1 organic Gala Apple finely chopped into small cubes
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp seedless dates chopped (or you can use baking dates)
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp honey (Optional. If your apples are sweet and you don’t have a very sweet tooth, you can reduce this to 1 tbsp or just omit it completely )
- Pre-heat the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit (The can says 400 degrees but I’ve noticed my biscuits brown quickly, so I bake mine at a lower temp.)
- Mix together all the ingredients (except the Buttermilk Biscuit dough) till everything is well blended.
- Separate the 10 biscuits and press them into approx 6-inch round shapes. Spoon about 1 heaped tbsp of the mixture into the center of each round. Fold the dough over the filling and press to seal.
- Place on greased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 mins, till golden brown.
- Serve hot, right out of the oven.
Will you vote for this recipe?
As mentioned earlier, 10 bloggers are cooking-off against each other in this year’s Meal Maker Challenge.
The two with the most votes on their recipes, will whip out their culinary best in a final face-to-face Cook-Off !
That being said, I’d love for you to vote for my Breakfast Rolls on the Meal Maker Challenge, H-E-B microsite.
Please click on the picture to cast your vote.
And yes, you can vote daily…
Plus by voting you could win yourself a 1000$ H-E-B Gift Card, if you are a Texas resident.
That does not mean non-Texas residents are not permitted to vote.
Anyone can vote…so do hop on over!
H-E-B Promotional Buzz…
This week, buy Peter Pan Peanut Butter (16.3oz.) assorted varieties, and get Hill Country Fare Grape Jelly (18oz.) free with with the use of the in-store coupon.
**EBMR Disclaimer: Energizer Bunnies’ Mommy Reports received products from H-E-B to help facilitate putting together the recipes featured in the Meal Maker Challenge. I will also be compensated for my participation in this campaign. Kindly note that I am an affiliate of one or more banners/products you will see on this site. Regardless, all opinions expressed in this post are still 100% my own**