This is so true!
My children have taught me that…
- It’s more fun to play with an empty cardboard box and bubble wrap than with the contents inside the box
- Making a mess while “helping” Mama bake or cook is much more fun than allowing Mama to bake or cook solo in a clean, organized manner.
- There’s no point hurriedly putting toys away each time they leave a shelf or box. (That’s why my home looks like a tornado spun through it!)
- It’s never too late in the night or early in the morning to eat chocolate.
- It’s okay to walk around the house in PJs all day if it’s a holiday.
- Mama and Dada CAN go down the slide in the park. We’re “NOT old” (according to Bunny girl!)
- I should never, NEVER dress my children in white. Never.
- Glitter and sequins are not just meant for craft projects but also for our faces, hair and yes, the carpet too.
- Dada and Mama are their “best parents ever” (despite the time outs and rules!)
- What I think is important is not always necessarily important and that life is all about creating memories… beautiful memories!
What has your child taught you?